Freight Claims Specialist
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Accounting & Finance
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client brings multiple points of supply chain compliance, optimization, and management together with expert market intelligence and information technology. Their cutting-edge, web-based solution allows them to provide fully customizable deployment, implementation, execution, and management solutions for full truckload, less-than-truckload, ocean, air freight, and parcel. This solution allows their customers to connect instantly with carriers, view and analyze up-to-date data, and receive real-time rates for every shipment in their supply chain.
Freight Claims Specialist:
This individual will be responsible for handling freight claims filed by the owner of the goods, investigating and settling claims in accordance with carrier liability rules, regulations and contracts to the company’s transportation partners. In this role, you will act as liaison between the carrier and customer to facilitate owed refunds.
- Possess knowledge of general accounting principles, creating daily and weekly claims.
- Investigate each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Complete freight claim paperwork with transportation provider, paper or electronic.
- Submit revised mitigation paperwork when applicable.
- Track communications and follow ups with transportation providers during the claims process.
- Negotiate settlements with carriers on behalf of the client by mutual communication and agreeance.
- Identify and communicate reoccurring operations errors to management when applicable.
- Request documentation and information needed from carriers to resolve claims or letters of denial.
- Produce claims reports as requested.
- Screen and distribute incoming claims mail and email.
- Communicate updates on freight claims to claimant parties when requested.
- Assist department and front office with miscellaneous duties.
- Handle multi-department filing.
- Ensure timely and effective claims resolution.
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout every stage of the claims process.
- Logistics experience preferred.
- Knowledge in QuickBooks preferred.
- Knowledge in Excel required.
- Strong sense of working integrity and responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Well-developed administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR