Our client was founded in New York City in 1989 as a U.S. Customs broker, international freighter forwarder, and logistics provider specializing in the movement of art works and antiquities. Since 1989, they have expanded across the United States with a staff of over 300 employees and have dedicated divisions that specialize in providing top-level services to a variety of industries. They have a fine art division with dedicated teams for museums, galleries, art fair participants, private clients, and the entertainment industry; and an international logistics solutions division which focuses on trade shows, yachts and marine, automotive, manufacturing, aerospace & hi-tech, pharma & healthcare, chemical & energy, consumer & retail, and government contracts industries.
Job Type: Full-time
This role is responsible for providing excellent customer service related to import shipments, preparing customs documentation, and ensuring all import shipments meet all applicable and current laws and regulations.
- Responsible for overall quality customer service related to import shipments including documentation, clearance, billing and problem resolution.
- Provide ongoing communication with customers.
- Ensure compliance with all current regulations of related government agencies as applicable including but not limited to customs, BIS, USDA, DOT/EPA, FDA and any others related to the importation and exportation of products.
- Issuing checks, invoices, and approving payable invoices for vendors within your files.
- Assist with the overall operation of office related to import.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of systems including CargoWise, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Receive documents and check for any missing information.
- File ISF and customs clearance including all PGA’s.
- Track current shipments and reach out for any needed documents or pick up numbers.
- 2+ years of logistics and customs experience.
- Experience with documentation, clearance, billing and problem resolution.
- Experience with air and ocean import.
- Experience working with customers and resolving issues on a daily basis.
- Ability to remain up to date on current government regulations, including but not limited to customs, BIS, USDA, DOT/EPA, FDA.
- Experience filing ISF and customs clearance including all PGA’s.
- Well versed in CargoWise, Outlook, Word, Excel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.