Established in 1998, our client is a pioneer in Air Cargo Transportation. They bring prosperity to people throughout the world by connecting various values through the spirit of Cargo Transportation. Their mission is to grow into a company that fulfills the needs of the society and contributes to the world. They leverage and allow diversity to flourish in creating an energetic and lively enterprise. They respect each employee, customer, partner and all other stakeholders, while ensuring that the organization is run by people filled with vitality.
Our client is seeking an Entry Writer to join their team within their Corporate RLF Team to arrange for Customs and other government agency clearance for their branch offices across the country. This person will help achieve 100% customer satisfaction for their clients and will contribute to a pleasant work environment where all members work cohesively as a team and learn from each other.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communicate with branch offices to coordinate clearance of goods.
- Where necessary, open brokerage files to prepare for entry.
- Prepare and file entries in a timely and expeditious manner to avoid delays and storage.
- If requested, rate and classify commercial invoice in preparation for entry.
- Ensure correct value, currency, classification, country of origin, OGA, and other required information is properly and accurately entered.
- Review Declarations, Certificates, etc. to ensure date range is valid (for Blankets), product matches, etc.
- Ensure that all import transactions meet all of the compliance standards for other government agencies. If unsure, check with Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain files in an organized manner on your desk until completion and where requested, file away for storage.
- Make sure that any changes to entries are immediately conveyed to breakbulk departments.
- Work together and respect your teammates in RLF and breakbulk departments.
- Be mindful that the customer is our most important asset and should be treated as such.
- Ensure that all other government agency releases (especially FDA) are obtained PRIOR to giving release copies to breakbulk.
- Review electronic messages carefully to make sure entry is fully released (including each FDA line item).
- Make sure that all required GISTNET and other training is up to date.
- Be mindful of ISO, C-TPAT, and other quality/security requirements when performing your job duties.
- When handling Importer Security Filings (ISF), such filings must be made timely and accurately to avoid penalties. File organization is key to achieving this objective.
- Share any ideas or discoveries (problems, new regulations, process improvements, etc.) with RLF Manager.
- Various other related duties related to imports & other customs related issues.
- Special Projects assigned by RLF Manager.
- Any other tasks or special projects assigned by the RLF Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Customs Brokerage for both air and ocean Shipments.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Customs Brokerage software, experience working with Cargowise is a plus.
- Must be a team player.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, LCB, Customs Clearance, Customs, Imports, Exports, Import/Export, Tariffs, International Shipments, Customs Transaction, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC