Our client helps fleets simplify DOT compliance. They offer compliance solutions like ELD and ELog solutions, DVIR/AVIR forms, driver training,
compliance publications, security seals, placards, alcohol & drug testing solutions and more.
Driver Trainer Manager
This position is responsible for the successful delivery of Commercial
Motor Vehicle (CMV) driver training services, ensuring training is completed effectively and in line with client expectations and contract obligations. This position will provide direct leadership to a team of CMV Driver Trainers working in multiple locations.
• Leads, develops and coaches team, consisting of remote staff in multiple locations.
• Provides clear expectations, feedback and recognition.
• Participates in the hiring/selection process.
• Writes and conducts performance evaluations and progress reports.
• Handles associate relations issues.
• Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
o Margin targets
o Client satisfaction
o Associate retention
• Manages training calendar and resources, including trainers, facilities, equipment,
• Conducts CMV driver training as necessary, including classroom and behind-the-
• Provides feedback on training effectiveness and opportunities for improvement to training development staff.
• Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and
ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
• Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and margin targets.
• Enforces and support all company policies and procedures. Fully support the company’s commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field.
• 3+ years of CMV driver training experience.
• Leadership experience desirable.
• Must have valid Commercial Motor Vehicle license.
• Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
• In-depth knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle regulations.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage remote workforce.
This position offers a competitive base salary.