Director of Warehouse Sales & Management
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Our client is a family owned asset-based transportation provider located in Farmington, New York with offices located throughout the United States. They provide transportation solutions for a wide range of customers that encompass many industries. With their nationwide footprint of offices, they are prepared to tailor a solution to fit your specific supply chain needs. With their state of the art technology and their dedicated staff, they are willing and able to provide you and your company with dependable, diversified and creative solutions that are responsive and cost-effective.
Director of Warehouse Sales & Management:
This role will be responsible for leading, managing, and overseeing three warehouses and for generating new business and increasing sales volume. This role will be expected to network, build, and maintain relationships with prospective customers, in addition to responding to customer inquiries and providing quotes, information and solutions quickly and professionally. This role will also be expected for setting and achieving sales activity, revenue and profit goals. Must also possess the ability to be an operational manager to provide support with executing the business within our warehouse network.
- Oversee a total of 350,000 square feet of warehouse space. (3 locations totaling 350,000 square feet, Rochester, Farmington & Shortsville).
- Develop strategy and market the company's warehouse and fulfillment service offering to generate new business relationships, increase revenue growth and present solutions to meet customer's needs.
- P&L responsibility for warehouse accounts.
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including a heavy focus on establishing contact with new customers who are not familiar with our client.
- Independently generate new contract logistics, value-added warehousing and distribution, packaging, and supply chain/materials management sales revenue.
- Ensure company warehouse facilities have required resources to meet company objectives and work with leadership team to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Identify potential customers and develop an entrance strategy of cold calling, qualifying and effectively connecting with prospective business partners.
- Monitor market conditions, product or service innovations, and competitors’ products, prices and sales.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategies based on knowledge of company’s objectives, market characteristics and cost factors.
- Manage existing business accounts and continuously build customer rapport while expanding the penetration of all company services.
- Create quotations and sales proposals for company services.
- Proactively address concerns, conflicts and interactions with team members.
- Assist in setting high standards of performance for all team members.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years sales experience in the warehousing, supply chain and fulfillment industry.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or management role leading high performance teams.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software including Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement and/or Lean Initiatives experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate, build relationship and negotiate with customers.
- Ability to strategically analyze and pursue opportunities to deliver continuous growth to the organization.
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service to customers.
- Ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing situations.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage