Our client is proud to offer their customers a world of diverse and focused transportation solutions. Their world revolves around service to their customers and finding integrated solutions that add value to your supply chain. With more than 40 years of collective experience in serving the needs of the floor covering industry, they are the unquestioned leader in a transportation arena that has expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of carpet. They stand today as the premier, one-stop floor coverings logistics provider. They have an extensive track record of success handling a variety of floor covering products, including all types of hard surfaces, rugs and, of course, carpet.
Director of Logistics Sales:
The Director of Logistics Sales is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with potential new customers in various markets. In addition, you will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support our clients growth and diversification strategy within, but not limited to, Retail, Imports and Distribution of Floor Covering Supply Chain Solutions. Our client is seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success, who takes a hands-on approach to building business opportunities. In this key position, you will work closely with Sales, Operations, & Implementations teams to achieve established sales goals.
Job Type: Full Time
- Develop new business opportunities with potential customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and compelling presentations.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of our client's solutions.
- Promote and leverage the our client's Value Proposition and Commercial Strategy to support profitable growth that meets or exceeds established sales goals.
- Work effectively with Operations, Customer Support, and other decision makers, to develop and implement successful onboarding and customer alignment.
- Develop and maintain a robust deal pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Effectively manage large scale, complex contracts negotiations and close new business deals with potential customers, working closely with the Customer Implementation Team.
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings to promote our client's solutions and brand.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the Commercial Team and Senior Leadership as needed.
- Continuously manage administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manage accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyze report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintain accurate and complete prospect and client database.
- Minimum of 5-7 years commercial experience, preferably with a logistics, distribution, and/or operations background & strong understanding of Supply Chain Solutions.
- Floor Covering experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of complex sales techniques and track record creating, negotiating and closing large scale deals.
- Proven ability to develop long term strategic relationships with C-Level decision makers.
- CRM experience preferred. i.e. Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships