Our client is an independent processor of quality beef, pork and chicken. They focus on selling to the hotel, restaurant, and institution markets. They also specialize in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli and jerky manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market. This company was founded in 1990. In that first year, the company transacted $6 million in sales out of a single 10,000 square foot facility. Today, 30 years later, they produce sales in excess of $150 million and operates out of two facilities in a campus environment encompassing 80,000 square feet. The company employs over 100 specialty butchers who customize meat for selective chefs.
Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance
This individual should be highly motivated and have strong leadership skills. This position will maintain, coordinate and execute the functions of the Quality Assurance and Research and Development department in relationship to the production of the company’s product. This individual will be an active participant of a team that believes in providing customers with a product of the highest quality and safety.
Job Type: Full Time
- Accountable for procedures, flow charts, and overall success regarding food defense, food safety, specification adherence, foreign material control.
- SQF Practitioner / HAACP Plan.
- Utilize both the company and third party technologies to deliver key projects.
- Provide technical and culinary support to the Sales group and to the customers, both regionally and globally, in the completion of key projects.
- Keep abreast of new FSIS / SQF developments and changes to USDA regulations and compliance. Responsible for communication and overall relationship with USDA.
- Microbial Control strategies and check and balances within Sanitation.
- Work with Operations team to develop new processes / procedures where required to ensure successful scale up and production of products at manufacturing sites.
- Develop relationships with key customers. Improve collaboration with these stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science or related field.
- Master’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Micro Biology, or related field of study preferred.
- Knowledge of Food Safety programs/audits (Internal, third party, SQF, Organic).
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- USDA experience.
- SQF Practitioner.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organization, coordination and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Solid sense of integrity and ethics.
- Intermediate computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage