Our client offers an end-to-end logistics solution that combines
a freight marketplace with company drivers and strategic partnerships to provide a
powerful suite of services for Drayage, OTR, and transloading.
Director of Carrier Sales
This role will lead our client’s carrier sales team in sourcing and developing quality long term partnerships with new carriers to meet ever growing demand. The Director of Carrier Sales will be pivotal in pushing key company initiatives forward: Enforcing high SLA standards and driving tech adoption by our client’s carrier base. This role will work cross functionally with capacity, operations, and commercial teams to achieve margin goals, and fulfill market demand. To succeed for all initiatives, the Director of Carrier Sales will create a framework of KPIs for the team to operate within, and then ensure that the team is meeting, or exceeding their targets. In addition, the Director of Carrier Sales will own and maintain the sales funnel: converting carrier leads to active participants who live on our client’s platform.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Source and build partnerships with medium to large fleets, while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships.
- Drive cost of hire and pricing decisions and maintain contract accountability.
- Lead a high-volume carrier outreach team, to drive higher conversion of our client’s onboarded drivers and fleets.
- Use data to drive decisions and to develop the story of our client’s business on a routine basis.
- Partner with Marketplace, Marketing, Product, and Dispatch teams to drive the. strategy to scale our client’s carrier’s density, while maintaining high service levels.
- Work with our client’s carriers to continuously design and deploy new solutions for their logistics challenges.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes.
- Identify opportunities to increase volume, margin, and service across the drayage business.
- Manage, mentor, and scale a high-performing team.
- 7+ years of professional experience in procurement, sales, account management, drayage transportation and logistics, and similar fields.
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams.
- An ability to build partnerships with carriers, identify their needs, identify how we can best work together, and develop solutions to help them solve their toughest challenges.
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability.
- A strong commitment to process, and a drive for continuous process improvement.
- The ability to own and drive programs while partnering with Product.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, CRM, or equivalent tools.
- Familiarity with Sales Operations processes and reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and are comfortable with speaking to range of audiences, including executive leadership.
- High emotional intelligence and humility. Ability to collaborate and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, and teams.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader