Our client has enjoyed tremendous success servicing the shipping public since 1993. Their Brokerage Division has targeted and serviced manufacturers and distributors with medium and larger shipments, consistently offering pricing and service standards far beyond the traditional carrier alternative! They negotiate with the carrier directly and offer the customer flat rate, bottom line pricing.
Carrier Sales Representative
Exciting opportunity for a highly energetic individual/self-starter with a
complete and thorough understanding of 3rd Party Logistic/ Freight industry. This will include knowledge in Trailer Load, Less than Truckload (LTL), Flatbed, and Expedited-Final Mile.
Job Type: Full-time
- Be punctual and accomplish the tasks at hand.
- Provide general logistics operations support for all areas as needed.
- Strive to eliminate inefficiencies in the carrier sales proves end to end.
- Daily duties include sourcing carriers, negotiating rates, track and tracing freight.
- This role will include rate quoting with the customer via the client’s online system and also through email.
- Problem solve through issues that occur during transit.
- Maintain awareness of operations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of carrier sales experience required.
- Embrace team atmosphere and be willing to offer help whenever needed.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC