At our client's company, their team members are their greatest asset. Combined, their team has a total of 82 years of experience in various sectors of the transportation industry. Each team member brings a valuable skill set, that creates a comprehensive partner for managing your supply chain needs. They are dedicated to providing their carrier partners and customers with the highest level of customer service and strategically tailored solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative
This role will be responsible for sourcing capacity and finding the best truck for the right load. This role will provide the best service to their clients while learning to negotiate at the best price. This role will also be responsible for keeping track of driver’s progress along routes and handling request and complaints.
- Analyze and assess your carrier portfolio to identify strengths and weaknesses of provider coverage.
- Continuously think about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently and at a fair cost.
- Address and solve any issues and escalate those issues up when needed.
- Research new carriers in the marketplace and generate leads and qualified new carrier relationships.
- Conduct calls to carriers daily to determine carrier availability and negotiate the best rates possible.
- Closely track the status of our client’s shipments to ensure reliable transportation coverage from start to finish.
- Review drivers’ paperwork to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for pending carrier claims.
- Minimize accessorials, addressing them in a timely fashion to increase pod(s) profitability.
- Ensure every load possible is on recommended GPS tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ year of transportation experience.
- 2+ years of sales and/or customer service.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and thrive independently.
- Strong decision-making school.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload