Our client is one the largest temperature-controlled carriers in the nation providing a suite of solutions to serve the supply-chain needs of their valued clients. Founded in 1963, they have grown their business by forming long-term partnerships with their clients and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and committed capacity.
Carrier Sales Coordinator
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual for an open position in their Metairie, LA and Jackson, MS Logistics offices. If you are interested in a rewarding position with a growing division of one of the Largest Temperature Controlled Transportation Companies in the nation, come and join our client’s team! Our client is seeking an individual with a strong work ethic and a sense of commitment to serve as a Logistics Coordinator. This position combines Carrier Sales & Development, Carrier Tracking and Account Management. This role is responsible for ensuring that customers receive smooth freight service from pickup to delivery by working with their network of contracted carriers to manage the process of providing capacity to meet their customer's needs. This role will serve as the primary contact for customers and independent freight carriers and will work to manage a book of business for ultimate customer satisfaction. This role will provide clients with the highest level of service and support in order to retain their business and grow their accounts while maintaining a carrier friendly environment for consistent capacity needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain regular contact with their customer service team to determine their shippers needs.
- Consistently communicate with their customers and their customer service team on any transit or shipping issues.
- Identify and immediately resolve customer issues with sense of urgency.
- Create solutions and provide options for customer's needs.
- Complete all administrative tasks to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Source carrier capacity by locating carriers through their extensive internal and external networks to cover customer's freight needs.
- Negotiate carrier rates to maximize profitability.
- Manage daily communication with sales team.
- Maintain carrier files and carrier compliance in computer system.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
- Track and trace shipments.
- Identify and resolve carrier issues on specific loads.
- Work directly with drivers and carriers to ensure on schedule pickup and deliveries.
- Assist with any administrative and accounting needs.
- Recommend process improvements and implement once approved.
- 2-year degree or higher is preferred.
- 1-2 years of sales, customer service, or related experience.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while delivering independent results.
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate and influence others.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC