Our client is a top ten global provider of transportation and logistics services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. They provide pivotal supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. They’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels to join their 100,000-strong workforce and deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to move the world forward, they’d like to invest in you.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Procurement Representative
This position is responsible for coordinating and routing shipments with a focus on using creativity and resources within our client’s network to facilitate movement of the shipments. This role will also be responsible for reviewing and following up on the shipment boards within our client’s operating system and updating those orders in the system in a timely manner.
- Work directly with customers on quoting and routing shipments, tracking freight, entering shipments and problem-solving.
- Work with current vendors on quoting, booking and tracking shipments.
- Update revenue and expenses on shipments that are quoted to the customer.
- Bill clients once the shipment has been completed and all costs have been entered.
- Incumbents with more experience may be called upon to mentor, train, and guide newer/less experienced team members.
- Minimum required education of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum required experience of 5+ years related domestic freight forwarding experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of TSA regulations for shipments moving on commercial airlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/ recommend /implement solutions.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Ability to utilize a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Ability to provide timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
- Basic computer skills- basic knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to accurately input information into and retrieve from the computer; ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications as needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA