Carrier Account Manager (Remote)
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is committed to providing high quality service in the realm of third-party logistics for customers in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. Their commitment to high standards is embodied in their mission statement, “The First Quality of Greatness is Service”.
Carrier Account Manager:
This individual will manage and service house accounts, while developing your own accounts. This role will be responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing business. This role requires having the ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and manage the startup process after the sale. This role will be expected to utilize personal contacts, networking, and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships. This role will also work to increase revenue and maximize profitability.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Prospect and develop strong professional relationships to sell transportation brokerage services.
- Provide full cycle customer service from contract to delivery.
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contract carriers/trucking companies in order to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and ultimately delivery confirmation.
- Manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Contact customers on a daily basis maintain and grow relationships and to generate revenue.
- Respond to customer issues to ensure satisfaction.
- Identify sales opportunities and close sales.
- Negotiate market competitive rates with carriers to provide the best service and rates.
- Grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and customers utilizing personal contacts, networking and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships.
- Increase revenue and maximize profitability.
- Continue to train and develop you skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not necessary.
- Minimum 1+ years of brokerage sales and operations experience.
- Minimum 1+ years of customer sales experience.
- Verifiable growth track record.
- Pricing and margin integrity achieved through effective negotiation skills.
- Previous experience creating a carrier following and managing KPI’s (i.e. customer development, profitability, market penetration).
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.