Our client is a logistics company located in the New York City metro area that specializes in transportation, supply chain and multi temperature warehousing services. Through their extensive network of carriers and multiple facilities around the US, they solve problems for their clients ranging from small businesses to major corporations. Their entrepreneurial culture encourages outside the box thinking. They are the solution for all of your unusual, uncommon, unconventional warehousing and logistics dilemmas. No rules or limitations! Just the results you seek.
Brokerage Operations Specialist:
As a Brokerage Operations Specialist, you will ensure operational excellence by supporting both internal and external customers. The main focus of this position is to track and trace our client’s shipments, make pickup and delivery appointments, communicate to ensure on time departures and arrivals. You will also provide customer service to our client’s carriers and customers on a daily basis.
- Provide customer and carrier follow-up.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Schedule appointments.
- Provide shipment information and audit load information.
- Complete customer and carrier requests.
- Track and trace shipments.
- Input data entry.
- Prioritize, schedule and arrange pickups.
- Provide customers and carriers with updates on details of transactions in accordance with SOPs, monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working at a brokerage or asset-based company.
- Prior experience with customer sales and service.
- Reliable, flexible and ambitious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized & excels in a fast paced, data driven environment.
- Strong data and analytical and reasoning skills.
- Experience with TMS, MS Office.
This position offers a competitive base salary.