Brokerage Branch Manager
City & State:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a traditional brokerage based in Florida, offering FTL transportation services from reefer to dryvan. With full operational support from their asset division, they are dedicated to ensure your freight arrives at it’s destination on time and with ease, as providing excellent customer service is their top priority.
Brokerage Branch Manager
This individual will be responsible for cultivating, growing, and
maintaining customers to grow the company’s revenue. The Brokerage Branch Manager will generate leads, establish client relationships, and build our client's name as a “go to” logistics firm. The position requires an experienced, self-motivated, energetic individual who can start in an independent contributor role and then gradually build a team and transition into managing the entire operation.
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking, and referrals to increase business opportunities.
- Execute all steps of the sales process to close deals and gain new business.
- Establish and maintain client relationships to identify opportunities for continued growth and cross-selling.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of freight market conditions and business trends to offer solutions that benefit customers and increase company revenue.
- Recruit logistics sales talent.
- Oversee a team, once established, in meeting their sales goals, maintaining client relationships, and growing business.
- Coach and mentor employees to contribute to sales and revenue growth and offer assistance with daily activities, closing deals, and difficult client calls.
- Develop team members’ professional skills to aid in career growth.
- Track and maintain sales activity metrics and ensure that weekly/monthly sales quotas are met.
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience within the Logistics industry.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (5% of the time).
- Proven sales track record and mindset with strong negotiation skills.
- Existing customer relationships is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and growing a sales team to consistently meet goals and quotas.
- Previous experience managing a brokerage branch including personnel, sales, operations, and budget.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to think strategically to solve customer issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to maintain and grow relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of market trends, industry news, and impacts on business.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC