Our client is a privately held, strategically integrated logistics provider founded in 2001. Through their 19-year history they’ve listened to their customers’ needs and have created a family of companies that can solve their logistics and transportation challenges.
After-Hours Carrier Sales Representative
As an After-Hours Carrier Sales Representative, you will play a crucial role at our client’s Multimodal division by identifying, sourcing and developing strong business relationships with service providers to achieve maximum profitability and customer satisfaction.
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide and negotiate freight rates to motor carriers (and internal sales team as needed), ensuring maximum profitability on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.
- Coordinate available customer freight with available motor carrier equipment.
- Consistently provide service and support to motor carriers in an effort to build the business relationship.
- Maintain a file of all open truck shipments and of records of trailers in assigned areas.
- Communicate with motor carriers to schedule trucks and resolve issues.
- Verify all freight charges, confirm receipt of Bill of Lading, and resolve all payables discrepancies prior to final payment to motor carrier.
- Monitor Bill of Lading discrepancies to ensure proper return of commodity is arranged, as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have worked in a Carrier Sales position in a brokerage environment for at least 9 months.
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible; ability to change focus quickly to meet the demands of market conditions and/or company needs.
- Logistical planning, routing, or dispatch experience a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload