Our client is an independent agent operating under Landstar.
Job Type: Full-time
Administrative Dispatch Coordinator
The successful, highly motivated, and organized candidate will be responsible for the day to day dispatch of loads and daily scheduled tasks.
- Ensure that the drivers successfully complete the work assigned.
- Prepare and maintain daily dispatch data.
- Ensure efficient utilization of drivers and equipment.
- Handle very high telephone call volume in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Ability to simultaneously operate multiple communication channels.
- Ability to meet deadlines, anticipate, prioritize and multi task.
- Strategically match available carrier partner equipment to every available load.
- Prospect Landstar carriers to further develop the carrier base and build carrier relationships.
- Minimum of 2+ years over the road dispatch experience and/or carrier sales.
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen orientation to detail.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Experience with Landstar a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC